Wednesday, October 24, 2007

guess who's racking up heaven credits? -- a reply from mrs. sherri shepherd

Wow. I really didn't expect this, but it looks like Mrs. Sherri Shepherd found my blog and took the time to reply to my posts and donation.

Quick recap: After declaring on The View that she wasn't sure if the world was flat, the Internet had a hearty laugh. Coming so soon after the Ms. South Carolina debacle, I knew something had to be done. The solution was obvious: globes in every classroom. Fortunately, there was a DonorsChoose teacher from Mrs. Shepherd's hometown that requested a globe and geography kit for her classroom. The donation was made in Mrs. Shepherd's name and with her contact info.

I included the following note:

Mrs. Shepherd, I felt so guilty watching the clip of you on The View that I was compelled to donate a globe (and geography kit) to your hometown. The world is indeed round. I hope no other school children in Chicago have to grow up thinking otherwise. best wishes, Alexis
The teacher even took the time to write a thank you letter, which Mrs. Shepherd also received.

And I thought that'd be the end of it, until I saw this this comment:
Hi Mr. Ohanian

I didn't know that you'd done this until my 'oh so wonderful' father, after reading all the stuff that's written about me, stumbled upon your blog. Thank you so much for your donation of the globe and geography kit to the school. I'm glad to see that my 'brain farting' moment prompted someone such as yourself to get up and do something positive. You're racking up those Heaven credits! God Bless You and have a great day! Sincerely Sherri Shepherd
But is it really her? My mother always told me to never turn down Heaven credits when they're offered, so maybe it doesn't matter.

I wonder what the exchange rate of Heaven credits to U.S. dollars is these days...