Friday, September 21, 2007

best ad ever

You may have noticed some ads here on redditAll. I've signed up with AdBrite not to find blogging millions, but to see just how broken online advertising can be.

They are sending me some fantastic advertisements.Let's see here, I used the keyword "geek" in describing the blog. So that explains the MySpace-ish photos of the fake blond (apparently we have a weakness for fake blonds).

The three question marks really entice the viewer. What could be so important to merit three question marks???

And there's something to be said for ALL CAPS. I suspect there's empirical evidence proving humans are more likely to follow written instructions when written without lowercase.

What could be the product behind this savvy advertising campaign?

Did you guess pheromones? +5 points for you.

I'm awarding this campaign the first "best ad ever" gold star award. Hopefully it'll be the first of many.

Congratulations.