Saturday, November 10, 2007

reddit <3 threadless: jeremy and i begin our career as t-shirt models

I still remember buying my first Threadless shirt senior year of college. It was downhill from there. I must own somewhere around 10 shirts from them now. They're all designed & submitted by a community of talented artists and voted on by the community. The winning designs are printed as shirts and sold on the website.

Needless to say, Threadless has been remarkably successful. Such profitability isn't very cool for most web startups -- they're rebels in that way.

So imagine how stoked I was to meet Harper Reed at our Chicago reddit meetup this past Thursday. He even invited Jeremy and me to the Skinnycorp HQ, which should explain the above photo. After some Big Buck Hunter (with guns hacked to no longer require pump reload) we got a tour of the facility and were asked to don a couple shirts and smash one another with pillows. I got the little one. I think it's supposed to be a sight gag, but it just meant Jeremy was free to pummel me while we did all those takes...

Oh, and we also got a post-pillow fight podcast interview with Charlie. Link to come. In the meantime, why not buy this shirt?Thanks for showing us such a good time. We'll be sure to publicly honor people who park like an idiot from now on.