Monday, July 23, 2007

a fresh start

I've never kept it a secret that I was the one who created our mascot (it's vital to my job security). But the guys are actually quite the doodlers themselves, so I thought we'd try the logo again with some new artists.

The added bonus of this is that I am off the hook for another week's worth of doodles (work).

Oh, and I can celebrate reuniting with my lost luggage, a mere 23 days later than desired. There I was trying to enjoy my first proper (read: Internet-less) vacation in a couple years and Alitalia decided I ought to buy an ill-fitting collection of Italian clothes. Really, those pants are a whole new kind of tight. Shudder.

Fortunately, I flew with my Jamglue shirt on, so I was already turning a few heads -- especially after wearing it for a solid thirty-six hours straight.



edit: I've just learned that Alitalia is actually Italian for "Lost luggage? Deal with it yourself -- you're in Italy now and we're all on vacation." Fancy that.

3 comments:

divya said...

Phew - good thing you happened to be wearing your most fashionable item of clothing on that flight. You should have sent us an emergency e-mail and we could have fed-exed you several more to get you through your trip in style.

alexis [kn0thing] said...

Ya know, Divya, my only regret is that I didn't get a photo. It felt good to show those Italians a little bit of culture.

I do appreciate the offer. Next time, you'll certainly be getting that emergency email. You don't have Jamglue boxers too, do you? Things were pretty cramped for those two weeks...

TravelinMom said...

Oh wow, 23 days of lost luggage? Have you seen Global Bag Tag? They really are great, but at the risk of sounding like a billboard, I'll just let you go look :)