Friday, August 03, 2007

chime.tv: winning mashup camp in style

The alien endorses the "Best Mashup Contest" winners of this year's Mashup Camp, Chime.tv.

Taylor McKnight has now won the award two years in a row and Chirag Mehta is wearing a reddit shirt. I don't think I need to explain why we're taking time out from redditall.com's important editorial duties to commend this duo.

On its own merit, Chime.tv is pretty cool. And that has nothing to do with the fact that ZDNet called Taylor, "the world’s hottest mashup developer". But it didn't hurt.

Basically, it's a slick way to surf through the best videos on the web. The interface feels just as smooth as flicking through channels on your tv -- if your tv also has soft corners and gradients. Now, I'm far too busy drawing aliens to spend my days on chime.tv ;-) but if I could, I think I would.

Most importantly, they have a cute mascot (+15 points) that on mousehover, looks like it's cheering "yay!" (+20 points). Well done, gentlemen.

The whacked-out eyes are also reminiscent of an early version of the reddit alien.
Stay off the blow, lil' fella.

1 comments:

stafex said...

new site for Online TV
http://stafex.net