Friday, June 08, 2007

rethinking our mascot

The reddit alien didn't have to be an alien. It's a well-known fact that I appreciate the subtle eminence of the penguin, as it occasionally appears in the logo as a foil our futuristic mascot. But there is no shortage of other worthy animals -- why not consider replacement?

Yep, that's how I spent my workweek.


MONDAY: I wasn't quite sure what I wanted this to be. It's got a certain squirreliness, but might be channeling a bit of fox. This will not do.

TUESDAY: Maybe a very excited bunny? We had one of these for a pet back in college. Six guys living in a dilapidated house their senior year with a single dwarf rabbit. Let's just say that we got bored one night and our rabbit turned out to be very interested in my NERF football. That cliche about "like bunnies" -- it's true. Every word of it.

WEDNESDAY: This depiction hardly illustrates the godless and killing nature of the bear. Instead, I thought we could try something a bit more hug-inducing. If this mascot were real, it'd have hugs flowing through its veins.

THURSDAY: I've heard there are more of these than people in Newfoundland. Moose are majestic beasts. Fancying Renaissance oil painting and prone to writing literary criticism, they are also far more cultured than Bullwinkle made them out to be.

FRIDAY: At last, our search for a new logo has ended!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

hahahaha, aww man that's classic.

you just made my day :-D

Chris

Unknown said...

...But the bear's pretty cool as well.

Chris

vectr said...

what khooee said!

alexis [kn0thing] said...

Dude, Chris, I shoulda made a kangaroo!