Thursday, June 07, 2007

huffit... really?

I thought they were kidding. Maybe it was some kind of new NYC fad -- you know, a new coke thing that'll get you even more blasted, but still get your a lighter jail sentence than the crackhead. Fancy that.

But no, it's a new social news site from the folks over at the HuffingtonPost. Admittedly, reddit has been assaulting the English language for almost two years now. But there's something about reading the "most huffed news" that makes me giggle.

Anyway, it's great to see more sites trying this format of finding and sharing new and interesting links. I just wish they hadn't called it "huffit".

From the About section:
Register or sign in below to start huffing!

Think of the children. Please.


And for those of you who think I'm just jealous because they named it after my fellow cofounder, Steve Huffman -- you're wrong.

Incidentally, if you're looking to create your own social news site, Ohanit and Ohannit.com are both available. Just a thought.

2 comments:

Doomeru Woebashi said...

How about Obammit? The Democrats love the kids and their social intarworks.

alexis [kn0thing] said...

Damn, you're right.

I'm never going to get a social news site named after me at this rate :-(