Monday, October 02, 2006

comic book nostalgia

It started with a trip to the Brooklyn Superhero Supply Co. last week. The friend who took me suggested a week of superhero-themed logos. Then a week later, over burritos, Justin suggested the same thing.

It had to be done.

Growing up, comics were the only things I ever read. I also started drawing by replicating my favorite superheroes, so it seemed quite appropriate -- albeit random.

Bruce Wayne: Proving that superheroes don't need superpowers. The Dark Knight was requested by both of my aforementioned friends and the penguin was just asking for it.

The movie adaptations were blockbusters, but the Spiderman cartoon show always kept me from doing homework. In fact, the blasted theme song is running through my head right now...

Everyone's favorite X-Man, Wolverine's got an indestructible Adamantium skeleton, wicked claws, keen reflexes, and regeneration, making him quite formidable. On top of that, he's Canadian.

There were a few requests for assorted members of the Fantastic 4, so cramming them all in 120px by 40px image seemed like an reasonable solution.

V from V for Vendetta. I'd never read the comic until after I saw the movie. The timing for this header was largely coincidental, but apparently many redditors found it rather appropriate.

20 comments:

OhPunk! said...

V for Vendetta is def my fav! Wicked! Saved them all!

** Shaun **
My awesome blog: ohpunk.blogspot.com

-

Peter Matthes said...

Why not do Osama Bin Laden and George Bush?

On the other hand, we might be better off without either of them.

Anonymous said...

Yes! A new post! Maybe you should do Halloween-ish costumes all month long!

I've been following this blog for a while now, and have resisted self-promotion, but I can't help it at least this once:
iPod

Anonymous said...

Golf Saga

Anonymous said...

No Speedball? ;)

Steve~

Oliver Davies said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Oliver Davies said...

Just discovered your blog for the first time - loved the Batman especially! Will definitely be coming back for more...

Hope you'll come and check out my blog - 100 Unsuitable Jobs

Unknown said...

V for Vendetta my fav as well ;)

James said...

... you have now!

www.lookmumtwohands.blog.com

Neko the Ninja said...

this is a very creative blog!

Anonymous said...

Sick pictures. Why do you have them and how do you make them though. I want to make my own for my blog too! Tell me in my cbox at

www.a-dumb-blog.blogspot.com !!!

Anonymous said...

I like the fact that you put Batman first. He's my favorite

Susan said...

The first game I had for the PC was a Spiderman game where you could make your own comics. In it, Mary Jane would walk across the screen with her arms waving across her head going "Help me. Help. Help me." over and over again. You could make Spiderman shoot webbing at her and cover her face. Ah, memories. Love the superhero themes.

KJS said...

This blog is hilarious! Cannot stop laughing!

Anonymous said...

I still read comics never stopped, never will.

How come you left Superman out?

Sam Vern Hoot 'n' Nanny McFadden said...

The lone ranger was a super hero, Hoot.
When dinosaurs roamed, Nanny. I'm wondering where the power rangers are.

chumly said...

My cousin read Superman, made a cape and jumped out his bedroom window. He recovered and now has a Doctorate in Psychology and teaches at a University in Maryland. Who knew.

Marty said...

Those are the cutest icons I have ever seen in my life!

V was particularly adorable.

How about a Superman?
Or a Wonder Woman?

Anonymous said...

fantastic post... loved the logos... any chance of a custom "TVGuy" Reddit logo for my site? :)

all the best
TVGuy

Anonymous said...

what about superman? His costume was clark kent clothes.