Thursday, October 20, 2005

how we got here, where we're going

It all started this past March with a talk aptly entitled "How to Start a Startup" being given at Harvard by Paul Graham. An application and a series of interviews later, we were fortunate enough to be admitted to Y Combinator's Summer Founders Program. A few months have passed and it looks like Steve (spez) and I (kn0thing) can keep living this dream for about another year (notwithstanding a sudden increase in the cost of frozen pizzas). If you're interested in the inner workings of startup life -- or you're my mom, and are wondering what your son is doing with his life -- hopefully we can provide you with some insight, or at the very least, entertainment.

6 comments:

Avery said...

Is this when Reddit started?

alexis [kn0thing] said...

We started in June 05, but didn't start this blog until October.

Alessio B. said...

I'm going to give a ~15min talk about reddit, so I'm doing more research on its early life.
Damn, I just browsed all reddit-all archive; I have filtered 32 posts to read more carefully and I already listened to a (very interesting!) +1h interview of Alexis on mixergy... I feel like I know a bit too much about reddit now.

ByteScribe said...

Reddit yes

ByteScribe said...

https://www.mixxerly.com/

Liu said...

lol, i just found the reddit first step