Monday, January 26, 2009

roflthing rocked my world

photo credit: placenamehere

Oh yes, ROFLThing: New York was fantastic. I'll have a proper recap in the days to come -- with my keynote presentation. ROFLgoers have asked for the slides, though I'm not sure it'll be the same without voiceover (cue the video link).

I can't thank the ROFLCon masters enough for inviting me to co-host and get the chance to unleash my latest breadpig project, ROFLDNA (more on that to come, too).

New York Times writer (and fellow UVA grad), Jenna Wortham, rocked the conference for the Bits Blog:
Also in attendance were several members of the geek elite, including Jay Maynard, better known by his nickname Tron Guy for a spandex bodysuit rigged with blue lights to resemble the main character from the 1982 Disney movie “Tron”; Rex Sorgatz, a well-known blogger; and Alexis Ohanian, co-founder of social bookmarking news site Reddit.
Being mentioned in the same sentence as Jay Maynard is enough to make someone feel like a geek elite -- Jenna went and put icing on that florescent TRONcake.